Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hair Bows


Once I had several hair clips, I attempted to make some bows to attach to the hair clips.  They're definitely more involved and a bit more frustrating to get to look nice.  There are a ton of methods out there for making the bows as well.  Here's what I did: 

You'll still want to cover the hair clip with ribbon like you did before.  To make the bow, I cut out a piece of cardboard the width of the bows I wanted to make.  Then I cut a little chunk of the cardboard out in the middle of the top like this:

Then you wrap the ribbon around your cardboard so it pass the front 3 times like this:



You can us some extra alligator clips to hold it in place if you need to.  
Take a piece of thread and tie it tightly around the center (using the open spot in the cardboard).  Then wrap it around several times to make the center even smaller.  




















Ten take a short piece of ribbon and fold it in half.  Wrap it around the center of your bow, covering the thread and use your glue gun to secure it in the back.



Glue it to your ribbon covered alligator clip and hopefully you'll have a very cute hair bow.  I have found that they look better with the same ribbon around the clip as you use for the bow, but I'm sure there are some cute pairings that you could experiment with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment