Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Quiet Book

I found the idea of doing a quiet book on Pinterest. We're flying across the country in the near future so I thought having one for my little girl would be great on the flight.  I did a bunch of research and found some great ideas for the pages in my quiet book.  Unfortunately I found so many ideas that I had trouble narrowing them down so I'm going to attempt to make 16 pages for this quiet book before we leave.  It's going to be a HUGE undertaking though, so we'll see what I can get done.  

I have been using a lot of suggests from http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com.  She has a great shopping list of the items that she got for her quiet books on her site.  To start mine, I got 2 1/2 yards of Pellon (it's almost like a super stiff felt material) to make the pages with.  I got almost as much of the Wonder Under which is really cool stuff.  I had never used it, but I'm totally loving it now.  Then I got several sheets of different colored felt.  I have a feeling I'll be back to the store multiple times for this project because each page has cool features.  

I wanted to cut my pages to 8in x 10in. The very first thing I did was make a huge mistake.  I bet many of you already know that sidewalk chalk isn't good for arts and crafts projects, but I didn't.  And it was the only thing I had in the house when I went to go cut my pages that wasn't permanent ink.  Oops.  Now all of my white pellon pages have yellow marks on them, but at least most of them have one clean side.  I even washed the pages after I had cut them.  With bleach.  And they're still yellow.  Oh well.  

So having gone shopping and cut out my pages (and washed them and bleached them), my journey of making my very first quiet book is underway.  I feel like this project is going to be fraught with mistakes...


No comments:

Post a Comment