Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hair Clips

It's been only a few months since my daughter has had enough hair to put clips in.  I was so excited that she finally had hair that I made a bunch of hair clips that she'll only wear for about 10 minutes before pulling out and saying "uh oh".  

They also make great presents for baby girls, and once you invest in the materials, you can make a bunch of hair clips.  

Here's a small selection of some of the hair clips I made.  Unfortunately some of my favorites are missing like the brown with two pink ladybugs.  Guess I need to make another batch...

Hair clips are pretty simple to make, so it was a great way to ease back into arts and crafts.  

The only things you need are the single pronged alligator hair clips that you can get for pretty cheap from Sally Beauty, which just happens to be next door to our Michaels so we only had to get out of the car once - score! Then it's over to Michaels to pick out different ribbon and decorations.  You'll also want a glue gun, and something to clip the backs off of the button decorations if they have the little loops on the back.  

You're going to glue the ribbon around the clip.  I usually start with the inside of the top and I don't cut my ribbon until I've glued everything but the inside bottom of the clip so I can cut it to the exact length that I'll need. 



 














Once you're done with the clip, you can glue on a button or something else decorative.  I tried to make some bows to put on the clips, so I'll explain those in the next post.






No comments:

Post a Comment