Monday, August 6, 2012

Quiet Book - Ballet Slipper - Page 13



I didn't have a whole lot of time today, so I went with an easier page.  All I needed was some light pink ribbon, light pink felt, my Pellon page, some Wonder Under, and of course some pink thread for my sewing machine.  

I used the template for the shoe that I found here, traced it onto my Wonder Under, cut it out and ironed it to my pink felt.  Cut it out, took off the paper backing, and fused it to the white background.  

The rest of it was all about pinning the ribbon and then sewing it.  I made sure to leave my ribbon extra long and then cut it once I was finished.  Also, I burned the ends so that they wouldn't fray.  

It will be a while before my daughter is ready to practice tying things, but she LOVES ribbon, so I think she'll enjoy it now too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment