Sunday, August 26, 2012

Quiet Book - Flowers - Page 9

The materials that I used for the flower page were, bright colored felts for the flowers, green felt for the stems and leaves, brown felt for the flower pot, 4 yellow buttons, some Wonder Under and my Pellon page. 

I started by drawing the flowers on my Wonder Under, cutting them out, ironing them onto my different felts, then fusing them to the same felts to make them double the thickness. 


I attempted to sew around the edges of the flowers, but I kept jamming up my sewing machine with the double thickness of the felt.  I did manage to use my nifty button hole foot to sew some decent buttonholes.  I did manage to sew a lot of crappy buttonholes as well that I had to rip out and redo.


Next, I cut some pieces of Wonder Under for the stems, ironed them to the green felt and fused them to my page.  


Then I drew a flower pot on my Wonder Under, ironed it to the brown felt and fused it to the page.  


Next, I hand sewed my 4 yellow buttons on.  I hand sewed them because I remember in my sewing class attempting to use the machine to sew on buttons and I broke 2 needles and I didn't feel like dealing with that.  







Next I cut out some leaves from my Wonder Under, ironed them to the green felt and fused them to the page. 
 


To finish up the page, I sewed around the pot with brown thread, and then sewed the sides of the stems and up the middle of each leaf with green thread.  


No comments:

Post a Comment