Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quiet Book - Mr. Potatohead - Pages 6 & 7


 For this page, I used a bunch of different color felts, some Wonder Under and 2 Pellon Pages.  I also used some of those nifty felt letters that I had left over from the counting pages to decorate the accessory box.  

I found a few Mr. Potatohead templates online.  You can check one of them out here.

I did Mr. Potatohead first by using the template to cut out the hands and body in Wonder Under and then ironing it to the tan felt, fusing him to the Pellon page, then sewing around the edges.  I wanted to make his arms white, but since the background was white I opted to use the same color as the potato part.  

I also used the template to cut out different accessories (eyes, lips, mustaches, shoes, hats, etc) in different color felts.  I decided not to use anything to attach the accessories to the potato because felt kind of sticks to itself.  

To make Mr. Potatohead's accessory box, I cut out a long rectangle out of black felt (because I had a lot of that color) so that I could fold it over and have the box.  I cut 3 slits in the back part of the box and then sewed around the edges of the back part of the box as well as two other times across about an inch and half under the top two slits.  


To finish it off, I fused some velcro on the bottom of the box to hold it shut and added the felt letters.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment