Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quiet Book - Dress Up - Pages 4 & 5


 The Dress Up pages were almost exactly the same as the Mr. Potatohead pages.  

I used lots of different color felts, Wonder Under, my 2 Pellon pages, fusible velcro, and a brad for the doorknob.  

I found a great template here to follow.  

Just like Mr. Potatohead, I used the template to cut the little girl out of Wonder Under, iron it to some beige felt, then fuse it to my Pellon.  I was on my own for the hair, so I played around on the Wonder Under until I had something usable, then ironed it to brown felt and fused it to the little girl's head and used a black marker to give her eyes and a mouth.  Then I sewed around the edges to finish the page.

I did the clothes just like the Mr. Potatohead accessories, using the template to cut them out of felt.  (I did fuse the white belts onto the dresses using Wonder Under.)  Once again, I didn't add anything to fasten the clothes to the girl because felt sticks to felt.  


Her closet is almost exactly the same as the Mr. Potatohead's accessory box.  I cut out a large piece of brown felt that was the size of two doors (so that I could fold it and open it like a door).  I cut 3 slits in the back part of the door, then sewed around the back half of the door and then across the back 2 times about an inch and half below the top two slits.  


To finish the door, I stuck the brad through the door creating a doorknob and spread the prongs in the back.  Then I fused a smaller piece of brown felt over the prongs.  

I then added a piece of velcro to keep the door closed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment