Thursday, August 2, 2012

Quiet Book - Duck in an Egg - Page 1



Today's quiet book page was pretty easy.  All it took was some background felt, yellow felt for the duck, orange felt for his beak and feet and stiff white felt for the egg.

I used Wonder Under to attach the pink background to the white Pellon page.  I couldn't use white because I wanted the egg to be white.  

Then I found this perfect pattern for a duck here so I printed it and traced the duck pieces onto my Wonder Under, cut them out, and fused them to the pink background.  


Next, I traced onto my stiff white felt an egg that would cover the entire duck, cut it out and cut in half with a zig zag.  
To finish it up, I put an eye on the duck, sewed the top and bottom edge of the egg to the page and added a stick on butterfly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment